Saturday 16 February 2013

Face Hats and Gladiators.

Dear reader,

It's Saturday. People everywhere are out partying and generally having a jolly good time. Good for them. The time will come for me to join those people, but for now I am perfectly happy to lounge about on the sofa  watching reruns of Friends before occasionally stuffing my face with garbage.

Which leads me on to today's topic. No, not the garbage stuffing part, the reruns. Today, I shoved some pizzas in the oven, took the ice cream out the freezer and settled on the couch. Sounds like a plan, right? Well yeah, that's kind of our Saturday night family routine. Only problem is, when we finally sit down, we spend 10 minutes flicking through channels in the vain hope that something, anything will show up.

Aston defying gravity by wearing a hat on
the side of his face. 
Saturday night TV used to be great. There was The X Factor, but that's all gone downhill since Simon left and the auditions became in front of an audience. When that wasn't on, there was BGT. That's ok I suppose, but Amanda Holden claps like a seal and, again, Simon left. Got To Dance is about the only talent show I can bear to watch now, but dear oh dear oh dear... there's a new judge. Aston flipping Merrygold. Who doesn't actually know anything about dancing, and can't wear a hat properly. Look, just look at him. It's a disgrace. Can you imagine what his grandmother would say? I-I just... I just can't...

Does anyone remember the show Gladiators? You know, the one where contestants would battle against the gladiators and the white haired guy with the whistle would shout "CONTENDERS... RRRRRRRRRRRRREAAAAADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLADIATORS... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAAAAAADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No? Ah. Look it up, it was a favourite of mine.

So with nothing decent on, what are we left with? Cheesey films starring unheard-of actors who never made another appearance? Thanks, Sky. Remind me never to invite you over.

Well, enjoy your Saturday evening folks. I'm off.

Keep reading!

Liv.

8 comments:

  1. You just made me laugh out loud. :L "Aston defying gravity by wearing a hat on the side of his face." EHEHEHEEHEHEHEHE! Telly really is quite crap. I mean, you get the odd Who episode or Friends rerun if you're LUCKY, and VERY OCCASIONALLY you'll be blessed with some excellent Porridge or Blackadder or Fawlty Towers from dear old Gold, but other than that ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! I agree, where did it all go?! :( Blackadder is brilliant, they should play it at a time other than Christmas... ;)

      Keep reading!

      Livy. xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi:) I love your blog, so I've nominated you for the Seriously, What a Great Blog award! Find all the details on my blog: http://everythingaboutella.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/seriously-what-great-blog-award.html
    Ella xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh thank you so much!!! I'm well and truly flattered, I'll definitely look it up. :D

      Keep reading!

      Livy. xxx

      Delete
  3. Ahahah!! So funny!! We don't have the gladiators yet at Portugal but it's so funny what you described!! LOL LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ines! :D great to hear from you. :) here's a wee link I found on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeSnXFMFZdY :) hope you like it!

      Keep reading!

      Livy. x

      Delete
    2. I've just saw it now!!! Oh god!! It's soooooooo funny!!! =D

      Delete
  4. the one where contestants would battle against the gladiators and the white haired guy with the whistle would shout "CONTENDERS... RRRRRRRRRRRRREAAAAADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLADIATORS... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAAAAAADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Sorry it's a little stupid but it must to be sooooooooo fun!!!

    ReplyDelete